San Marcos Transmission Repair
As a driver living in San Marcos, TX, you likely understand how your car’s engine works on some level. Despite this, you might not understand just what your engine’s various components do, including your car’s transmission. On a basic level, the transmission takes power generated by your engine and converts it to torque (i.e., the force allowing a car’s tires to rotate).
A vehicle’s transmission should be capable of shifting gears without running into problems. But that’s not always the case—you may notice a rough feeling when changing gears or hear unpleasant noises coming from your transmission. When you observe these signs of trouble, there’s a good chance that your transmission needs attention. To ensure you’re getting excellent transmission repair in San Marcos, give the team at our San Marcos auto shop a call.
Have You Noticed These Transmission Problems?
In some cases, it’s easy to notice transmission issues. At other times, issues are more challenging to spot. Either way, San Marcos drivers should look out for:
- Strange noises (like grinding, humming, or buzzing)
- “Slippery” or difficult gear shifts
- Visible transmission fluid leaks under your car
- The smell of something burning while driving
- Delays in gear shifting
Take a Look at Our Transmission Services
When you find car problems that could be transmission-related, set up an appointment at Reliable Automotive’s San Marcos transmission shop ASAP. Our highly qualified auto technicians will start off by doing an in-depth engine inspection. When that’s done, they can provide several services including:
- Transmission flush. Transmission fluid becomes less effective over time, similarly to motor oil. If you haven’t gotten a transmission fluid change recently, let the Reliable Automotive crew take out your old transmission fluid and put in new, top-of-the-line fluid chosen to match your vehicle’s requirements.
- Transmission filter replacement. A vehicle’s transmission filter prevents transmission fluid from getting contaminated by foreign materials and debris. That said, transmission filters need to be replaced regularly. We can keep your transmission in good shape by taking care of this task.
- Transmission cooler hose replacement. Your vehicle’s transmission cooler hose keeps your transmission fluid from overheating. If your transmission cooler hose isn’t working as it should, let us install a replacement hose.
- Complete transmission overhaul. When all else fails, you might need to rebuild your transmission entirely. We can inspect each piece of your transmission, and then we’ll clean and replace each part before reassembling this component.
Whether your transmission needs a complete rebuild or a simple fluid flush, the team at Reliable Automotive has access to high-quality parts and materials for fixing your transmission. And since we can get these jobs done quickly, you won’t have to wait long before your car is ready to drive in San Marcos again!
Why You Should Get Professional Transmission Repair
Transmission repairs and transmission fluid changes are more complicated than wiper replacements and oil changes, but quite a few businesses in San Marcos offer these services. Not every company offering transmission service is equally qualified, however. Choosing the wrong shop to work on your transmission could cause serious headaches before you know it.
Do you need help picking the best auto shop for transmission repair in San Marcos? To make the decision-making process simple, focus on essential things like the qualifications of a shop’s employees. At Reliable Automotive, all of our techs are fully ASE-certified—that means they can diagnose and repair your vehicle transmissions without any trouble. Along with that, you’ll get exceptional customer service whenever you do business with us.
Don’t Break the Bank on San Marcos Transmission Repair
Automotive repair service is often an unexpected, unavoidable expense. Despite this, you might be able to save money by taking time to find a high-quality shop. For people in San Marcos, Reliable Automotive offers the most affordable prices around. If you’d like more information on how expensive your transmission service will be, just request a quote.
When you schedule transmission service at Reliable Automotive, you’ll have even more chances to save. Our website lists all sorts of coupons for the services we provide. If you find a coupon that could help you cut costs on an upcoming transmission repair, don’t wait to use it! These coupons are available on a rotating basis and change regularly.
Do You Need Dealership Service?
If you’re a San Marcos driver with a new car, it’s easy to be concerned about where you should take it for service. As part of this, you may worry that getting your transmission repaired at a transmission shop instead of your dealership could void your warranty.
But that’s not a realistic concern. The United States government prohibits auto dealers and manufacturers from providing car warranties requiring customers to get regular auto maintenance at their dealership. That means you can go to any shop in San Marcos for transmission service, which can slash your costs for these services. Your dealership may provide free service within your warranty period, but their services could be expensive after your warranty expires. Instead, go to Reliable Automotive to save on transmission repair!
Trust Reliable Automotive to Get the Job Done
In San Marcos, TX, Reliable Automotive is the best choice for transmission repair and all other automotive services. Give us a call if you’re looking for:
- A BBB member that has earned an A+ rating
- A Jasper distributor
- A San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce member
- Transmission repair services provided by ASE-Certified technicians
- 100 percent customer satisfaction
- Top-notch automotive technology and equipment
San Marcos Transmission Repair Shop FAQs
Most of the time, the team at Reliable Automotive will be able to fix your transmission without having to resort to a full-fledged transmission overhaul. Anything from a transmission repair to a transmission flush can help resolve your minor issues. That said, there are some situations where overhauling your transmission is unavoidable.
When that’s the case, San Marcos residents turn to Reliable Automotive for a transmission overhaul service. We’re capable of removing and disassembling your transmission, cleaning, and replacing any parts that need attention, and putting everything back together before reinstalling it in your vehicle. On top of that, we will rebuild your transmission with the finest aftermarket and original parts available.
- Low prices: While saving money on car repairs shouldn’t come at the expense of quality, you shouldn’t have to pay more than you need to, either.
- Simple scheduling: Ideally, your transmission shop of choice should let you set up appointments on the phone or online.
- Expert technicians: Finding highly qualified auto-shop employees can prove less complicated than you might think. The gold standard for technicians in this industry is ASE certification.
- Many other services: By finding a shop that does more than just transmission repairs, you’ll know where to go when you need other auto services.
- Delays when shifting gears
- Transmission fluid leaks under your car
- Humming, grinding, or other noises when driving
- Trouble staying in gear
- A “slippery” sensation during gear shifts
- A burning smell
- Excess engine revving
It’s not easy to estimate how much transmission repair will cost you without information on the vehicle you drive and the type of services you’re looking for. That’s because some transmission services (for example, a transmission flush) cost less than others (such as transmission repairs).
Whether the transmission service you need is minor or major, you can count on the Reliable Automotive crew to get it done. Along the way, you’ll also be able to save money by using our selection of online coupons!
Yes, you can try to handle this task on your own; however, there’s a big difference between “can” and “should.” While there are many video guides online about replacing your own transmission filter, it’s surprisingly easy to make mistakes while working on this seemingly simple task. Making matters worse, incorrectly replacing a transmission filter could create genuine problems for your vehicle.
Instead of changing transmission filters on your own, consider delegating this job to the team at Reliable Automotive. Our ASE-certified transmission technicians are capable of much more than filter changes. We can additionally work on transmission flushes and replacing worn transmission parts.
Transmission fluid is essentially the “lifeblood” of your engine’s transmission. This fluid helps to lubricate various transmission components and reduces friction in the transmission, but just like other automotive fluids, transmission fluid can eventually get dirty. When that happens, it won’t be as effective as it once was. That’s when your car might need a transmission fluid change.
Having some knowledge of the type of vehicle you drive, and the age of your car, are essential parts of figuring out your transmission fluid change schedule. Newer cars, especially those with automatic transmissions, should obtain fluid changes roughly every 60,000–100,000 miles; however, some vehicles in this category do not need transmission fluid replacement at all. On the other hand, general-duty older vehicles and cars with manual transmissions should receive a fluid change every 30,000–60,000 miles or so. Older vehicles that undergo heavy-duty use require transmission fluid changes once every 15,000 miles.