When it’s time for an oil change, you can trust the experts at Reliable Automotive auto shop in Buda. Our expert team is professional and trained in all aspects of car care. We are ready to serve all your auto needs with superior customer service.
During our oil change service, a team of ASE-certified oil technicians also performs a visual inspection of the entire car to ensure no major safety problems.
Make Sure Your Engine is Protected with Regular Car Oil Changes
Engine oil plays a critical role in keeping all components in the system protected and running optimally. A regular oil change schedule is one of the most effective and least expensive ways to keep your engine healthy.
The oil flowing through the engine serves several purposes, including:
Cools the Engine
As your vehicle runs, the engine generates a lot of heat. Motor oil absorbs this heat that builds up as the engine operates. It then redistributes that heat so it doesn’t build up to dangerous levels. This process performs up to 40 percent of the necessary cooling of the engine.
The right amount of clean oil keeps the engine clean and free from rust and corrosion.
Engine oil has additives that leave a protective layer on all engine components. These additives also reduce friction and reduce excessive heat.
The oil in a vehicle’s engine absorbs dirt, debris, and other contaminants that get into the system. The oil filter helps this process by trapping contaminants from re-entering the oil flow.
However, engine oil doesn’t last forever. As the oil circulates throughout the engine performing all these functions, it becomes less and less effective. How soon this happens depends on the kind of oil in the car.
Clean oil and a new oil filter on a regular schedule will help protect your engine from catastrophic problems, like sticking pistons, overheating, clogs in the system, and eventually an engine that fails.
Oil Change Schedule
The frequency of your oil changes will depend on several things. First, check your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendation. These suggestions will range between 3,000 and 10,000 miles, with everyday driving. However, most advice provided to drivers is to have the oil changed in your vehicle every 3,000 miles or every three months, whichever comes first.
You should also consider the age of your car, your driving needs (towing or hauling), the type of oil you have been using, hot climates, and your driving habits (frequent short or long trips). Discuss this with one of our oil change specialists if you have questions.
Engine oil comes in varying viscosity levels (thickness), contains different additives, offers different levels of engine protection, and has varying costs. Reliable Automotive in Buda helps you get the most from your oil changes by using fully synthetic oil.
This oil is manufactured entirely in a lab or factory according to a highly controlled process and stringent standards. It contains only the best additives and elements of oil. As a result, synthetic oil provides the highest level of engine protection. Your car will need fewer oil changes, usually between 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
How You Can Tell When Your Vehicle Needs an Oil Change
One of the biggest reasons cars fail is owner neglect. Between regular oil changes, check the oil yourself about once a month. Watch for these signs that suggest an oil change may be needed soon:
- A low oil level when checking the oil dipstick
- The “Check Engine” or “Oil Change Required” light illuminated on the dashboard
- The oil is overly thick, dark, and/or milky and comes out in globs
- Unusual pinging, knocking, or ticking engine noises when it is running
- Blue exhaust smoke coming from the tailpipe while the vehicle is running
- Strong burning oil odor inside the vehicle
If the oil level is low, you can top it off as a temporary measure. Make sure you use the same oil as what is in the car. Then, it is best to find out if your system has a leak.
For any of these signs, set an appointment at Reliable Automotive in Buda for an oil change as soon as possible.
Our Free Shuttle Service Takes Care of You
We want to make dealing with Reliable Automotive as easy as possible! Request our free shuttle service when you make your appointment for an oil change. We will drop you off at your destination and pick you up when your oil change appointment and service are complete.
Regular Oil Change Service Keeps Your Engine Running Its Best
The ASE-certified technicians at Reliable Automotive in Buda can answer any questions you may have about oil changes. This is why it is essential to have a good working relationship with your auto shop and mechanics. You can trust their judgment and knowledge of your car and help determine the schedule that’s best for your vehicle.
Oil Change Service in Buda FAQs
When you hear the term “high-mileage oil,” it usually means using oil that’s been specially formulated for engines with high mileage. Engines with higher mileage can sometimes be prone to carbon buildup and gasket leaks.
High-mileage oil is typically made of a conventional oil base that’s been blended with synthetic stocks along with detergents and sealants to give your engine extra protection. Because the synthetic compounds of high-mileage oil offer superior protection over conventional oil, it offers a longer life. With a high-mileage oil change, we typically recommend getting an oil change service every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
When you come into our Reliable Auto shop, you can rest assured that you’ll receive the very best oil change service in Buda, Texas. When you come into our service center for a full-service oil change, our ASE-Certified mechanics will drain your dirty oil and remove your old oil filter. Because we only use the highest quality oil, we’ll replace your old oil with a top-shelf synthetic blend or full synthetic oil with the viscosity that your engine requires.
Additionally, we’ll replace your old oil filter with a brand-new one before we replace your drain plug gasket. Lastly, our mechanics will perform a visual inspection of your vehicle’s components to make sure that you’re ready to get back on the road.
The inside of your engine is a volatile place. Thousands of explosions occur within your motor every minute, yet your oil is tasked with cooling, lubricating, and removing carbon deposits from its many moving parts. In fact, your oil is responsible for up to 40% of your engine’s cooling.
Over time, your oil begins to lose its protective, cooling, and lubricating abilities, which can put your engine in jeopardy. Slowly, as friction begins to rise within your engine, so will internal temperatures, which can lead to engine damage.
Although an oil change is such a simple service, failing to change your oil regularly can lead to costly repairs or even total engine failure.
There are a few ways to tell if it’s time to get an oil change:
- Time/mileage. One of the easiest ways to tell if it’s time for an oil change is to remember when you had your last one. If it’s more than the recommended time or mileage for your oil, we recommend that you schedule service at Reliable Auto at your earliest convenience.
- The reminder light is on. Many modern vehicles have oil change reminders that help you stay on top of your service intervals. If your reminder light comes on, and it’s time for an oil change, we welcome you to come in and receive your oil change service.
- A rough idle. A rough idle is common when it’s time to change your oil. This is because the increased friction happening within your engine is translated to rougher operation and a less smooth idle.
- Exhaust smoke is present. If you’re noticing smoke coming out of your tailpipe, this may be a sign that your engine is suffering damage from either low oil levels or not enough lubrication. Exhaust smoke may also be a sign that a seal or gasket has broken and that oil is making its way into your combustion chamber. If this is happening, enhanced oil consumption may cause your oil levels to be low.
- Oil warning light is on. If your oil warning light is on, it’s because your vehicle detects that your oil levels have fallen below a minimum threshold for safe operation. If your oil warning light is on, we strongly recommend that you schedule service with Reliable Automotive at your earliest convenience.
- Lower fuel economy. Increased friction can result in lower fuel economy. If you’re noticing that your vehicle is thirsty for fuel, and you can’t figure out why, perhaps it’s time for an oil change.
- Watch Out For these additional symptoms. While there are time and mileage recommendations that are key to determining when you should change your oil, there are also additional symptoms that may be telling you that it’s time for an oil change.
The average oil change in Buda generally takes as little as 15 minutes. However, this may depend on a variety of factors, such as the size of your vehicle, or how many vehicles we have in our service bay. To save time, we recommend that you schedule an appointment so we can service your vehicle and get you back on the road as soon as possible!
At Reliable Auto, getting an oil change is easy and convenient — it’s even affordable! Thanks to our maintenance coupons, you can enjoy reliable oil change services at outstanding prices.
Schedule service today at Reliable Auto and trust your vehicle to the hands of the experts!