Your Dealer Alternative For Transmission Repair in San Marcos Tx, Kyle, and Buda
When you accelerate, you count on your transmission to change gears seamlessly and reliably every time. You trust that your transmission will shift accurately no matter how you drive or where you’re going. There may come a time, however, when you hear a clunk when you shift into gear or shifts aren’t smooth anymore. You might see red fluid leaking under the middle of your vehicle. When these kinds of issues present themselves, it may be time for a transmission repair. Reliable Automotive’s transmission shop has been your trusted source for transmission repairs in San Marcos since 2012. Now with additional locations in Buda and Kyle, Texas for Transmission repair you’ll receive the same honest and friendly auto service you’ve come to expect from us while we perform your repairs fully and reliably, making us your ideal alternative to the dealer’s auto repair shop.
Expert Transmission Repair Services
Your vehicle’s transmission is an absolutely critical component, without which, your vehicle won’t be able to run. Our ASE-certified technicians are highly trained and experienced in providing expert transmission repair and replacement services including:
- Transmission Flush: As your transmission fluid ages, it’s less able to do its job of helping to protect the delicate inner mechanics. A transmission flush removes the old fluid and replaces it with a new high-quality transmission fluid, specified just for the type of vehicle you drive.
- Transmission Check: Transmission Check : If you’re noticing any type of issues while shifting gears, hearing grinding or humming, or smelling fumes while driving, it’s important to get your vehicle in for a transmission problem check. Our certified technicians know just what to look for and can help spot signs of advanced wear and tear that need to be addressed all while providing superior customer support.
- Transmission Filter Replacement: Your transmission filter helps to keep your fluid clean of debris and other contaminants. Replacing this with a high-quality transmission filter will ensure your transmission can keep running at its best and is a critical part of transmission maintenance.
- Transmission Cooler Hose Replacement: Your transmission cooler hose is a crucial part of the overall function of your transmission acting as a way to keep the fluid from becoming too hot. We’ll diagnose a bad or failing transmission cooler hose and replace it with the original equipment specified by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
- Complete Transmission Overhauls: Rebuilding your vehicle’s transmission requires completely removing and examining each component for advanced signs of wear and tear. Depending on the condition of each part, a given component may either be cleaned in a specialized solution or replaced with a brand new part before the rebuilt transmission is reinstalled in your vehicle.
No matter what type of transmission repair service is needed for your vehicle’s transmission, our expert repair technicians use the highest-quality parts and products available to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Spotting Transmission Issues In Your Vehicle
If you notice your car isn’t shifting smoothly or something just doesn’t feel right while you’re driving in San Marcos, Texas, your vehicle’s transmission may be the issue. Spotting issues with your transmission aren’t always clear cut, but a few signs its time for a car repair include:
- Experiencing delays while your vehicle is shifting.
- Hearing buzzing, grinding, humming, or other odd noises while driving.
- Feeling your vehicle slipping or struggling through gear shifts.
- Smelling a foul burning smell while driving during a road test.
- Seeing leaking transmission fluid under your vehicle.
If you experience any of these types of issues, it’s important to get your vehicle into your nearest Reliable Automotive as soon as possible. Correcting issues early through preventative maintenance is how you can prevent minor problems from becoming larger repairs.
Professional Transmission Repair From Trained Technicians
Reliable Automotive provides you peace of mind with professional transmission repairs and great customer service. Our ASE-Certified technicians are thoroughly trained and committed to excellence in repairs for a wide range of models and transmission styles, from manual gearboxes and automatic transmissions to CVT transmissions and even clutch repair. We use cutting-edge technology to accurately diagnose any transmission issue you have and dealer-grade tools to complete each repair.
Whether your Nissan Rogue requires a CVT transmission replacement, your Dodge Caravan needs transmission cooler hoses replaced, or your Ford F-150 requires a transmission rebuild, we can provide you with great service swiftly and affordably.
We know you don’t want to keep coming back for the same issue because of failed parts. That’s why we always use original equipment and high-quality parts for every quality repair that we perform.
The Reliable Automotive Advantage
- ASE-Certified Technicians for Accurate A/C Repairs
- Committed to Complete Customer Satisfaction
- Cutting-Edge Automotive Technology
- Locally Owned and Operated Family Business
- BBB Member with A+ Rating
- Jasper Distributor
- Buda and San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce Member
- Authorized AC Delco Battery & Valvoline Retailer
Keep it local, keep it Reliable! For a quality, affordable transmission auto repair shop, visit the experts at our Buda, Kyle, or San Marcos locations. Contact Us today or use our convenient online appointment form to schedule your visit for total car care or auto repair service in San Marcos, Texas.
Additional Services We’re Proud to Offer
Transmission Repair FAQs
What types of transmission services does Reliable Auto provide?
From simple transmission fluid flushes to complete transmission overhauls, our ASE-certified master mechanics are highly experienced in providing the transmission service your vehicle needs to get back on the road safely. We provide transmission checks, filter replacement, cooler hose replacements, and more. Whenever you’re experiencing issues with your vehicle shifting gears, it’s a good idea to go ahead and get your transmission checked.
What does your car’s transmission do?
Your transmission is a critical part of your vehicle’s engine. That’s because it’s main responsibility is to transfer power from your car’s engine to its wheels. How your transmission performs this function depends on whether you have a manual transmission, automatic transmission, or hybrid system. Generally, a transmission transfers just the right amount of torque to each wheel as it’s needed. With stopping, a transmission helps to disengage the engine and is what enables your engine to idle even when the wheels aren’t moving and brakes are applied.
How often should you change your transmission fluid?
Your transmission fluid is a critical lubricant for the many different components within the system. Transmission fluid helps to minimize friction within these parts but wears down over time. Change intervals vary depending on the vehicle and whether you are running an automatic or manual transmission. In general, newer automatic transmission vehicles need to have a transmission flush between 60,000 and 100,000 miles but some vehicles are actually made to never have a flush. Manual transmissions tend to need to have their fluids changed more often, every 15,000 miles or so for heavy-duty vehicles and every 30,000 to 60,000 miles for general duty vehicles.
Should you have your transmission fluid flushed?
Having your transmission fluid flushed is a very important aspect of your vehicle’s required maintenance schedule. As your transmission fluid ages, it’s less able to provide it’s vital job of preventing friction between the many delicate components in your transmission. Flushing and refilling your transmission fluid per the schedule set by your manufacturer is the best way to minimize wear and tear to your system, keep it running smoothly for as long as possible, and to avoid a transmission problem.
How do you know your transmission needs to be repaired?
Depending on whether your vehicle is an automatic or manual transmission, there are different signs to be on the lookout for that can mean your transmission service is needed. A few of these include:
– Transmission is having trouble engaging/staying in the proper gear.
– Your vehicle’s shifting is delayed or skipping gears entirely.
– You can feel your vehicle slipping as it tries to shift gears.
– You see leaking transmission fluid.
– You smell burning.
– Grinding or humming noises while driving.
– Your engine is revving excessively high.
With any issues like these, it’s important not to wait. Schedule a transmission repair in San Marcos, Tx as soon as possible.
Does Reliable Automotive offer discounts on transmission service?
Definitely! We provide fair and honest pricing with every transmission service and consider it an added bonus when we can help save our customers even more money while providing them a quality repair along with excellent customer service. Always check out our coupons page for the latest deals and promotions we have running.
How much is a transmission repair?
Transmission repairs can vary widely depending on the level of service required. A transmission flush is relatively inexpensive while a complete transmission overhaul is more costly. If you’re experiencing any kinds of issues with your transmission, getting in your vehicle early can help prevent minor problems from becoming more extensive repairs or a severe transmission problem.
Can you overhaul a transmission?
Absolutely. When a transmission overhaul is necessary, we’ll use the best combination of original equipment and aftermarket parts available to have your new transmission up and running in no time. During transmission rebuilds, we’ll remove and disassemble the entire transmission to inspect, clean, and replace parts as needed with all of your transmission’s important components. We also do differential repair.
What types of transmissions does Reliable Automotive service?
Believe it or not, there are many different types of transmission out there and our ASE-certified mechanics have mastered them all. We service 4×4 transmissions, all-wheel drive (AWD) transmissions, automatics and manuals, CVT transmissions, diesels, and heavy duty transmissions all within our state-of-the-art facilities using the best parts and products available today.
Can you change your car’s transmission filter yourself?
While there are a host of DIY videos out there for replacing your transmission filter, without the proper tools and knowledge to do the job per your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications, you may end up doing a lot more harm than good to your truck or car. Our ASE-certified mechanics know the exact steps required during a transmission filter replacement, including performing a transmission flush, and other parts that should be replaced simultaneously. Our technicians also know what to look for as they perform a transmission service for spotting signs of advanced wear and tear that need attention. All of these elements come together to make up an expert repair, and overall a better repair.